Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just one of THOSE days...

Today has not been the greatest, starting with me waking up on the wrong side of the bed...  Yep, I am very grumpy...  We did get out and enjoy story time today, which surprised me because she was up till almost 12 last night.  I really didn't expect her out of bed before 9.  But she was up and we were ready to go in time.  I still need to get today's lessons in, it will happen.  The beauty of home schooling, you can do the lessons whenever:)  No set time!  

We came home and let Buddy, Hannah's kitten out of the garage then in for lunch.  After lunch, Buddy is dead by the front step:(  I have not told Hannah yet, I just don't really know how to deal with this.  I know she doesn't understand death, but she does understand, every time she asks to go out and play with Buddy, that there is no longer a Buddy to play with.    Like now, asking to go out and play with Buddy.  Bummer.

We ran into the cities so we could give something to Chad, that was a nice treat, seeing him in the middle of the day.  Of course, once we get home, he calls and said that his evening just opened up so we could do something.  Huh.  Life 48 miles away...

I am dying to take her to an indoor play area to burn off some of her energy.  This whole H1N1 thing has me a little freaked.  I heard a doctor talking in the line at Subway that it is everywhere in our little town but it is just like the flu, and that people just need to get over it. Well, I don't even want the flu in my house.  So no indoor play places for us right now. It just seems so cold out, we are only out there to play in little bits during the day.  Seems like it just turned really cold really fast.  Nothing in the middle...  

Also thinking now may be a good time to try to stop her from sucking that thumb...  I would think that would help our chances a little more if her hand wasn't always touching things then popping into her mouth.

No pictures, just that Buddy is dead I guess.  We are off to do lessons:)

No comments:

Post a Comment