Once again, a ray of sunshine:) Lovin' it!
We started with story time and play at the park with Claire and Lona. Trying to get Hannah out to play as much as possible before the real weather hits and it is too cold to do so. We lasted at the park for almost 1.5 hrs then another 1 hr once we arrived home to torment, er, I mean PLAY with Buttercup. Yes, it has changed once again:) She was even toying with naming to poor guy Broccoli for a while today:) Silly girl!
I got this craving today for grill cheese made with fresh bread, so I loaded up the bread machine and had it mix it so I could have my french bread for dinner. Can you say "yummy"? I sure can! Then to top it off, made from scratch, real pumpkin pumpkin pie!!! Only can in sight was the Sweetened Condensed Milk:) Top that off with Cool Whip and I, as well as Chad is in a very happy place:)
Delish! I will post recipe at the end. A must try, and thank you Lona!!!
Ok, it may look like she has a death grip around Buttercup, but she is actually doing a nice job here:) This cat is just adorable, I am trying to convince Chad that he needs another sibling to keep him warm on the cold nights... His brothers are just like him only one has black instead of gray, and the other has orange instead of gray. All 3 super cute!
After Buttercup time, it was supper so here is Hannah serving me a juice box (clear round) milk (the green lid) and a broccoli and carrot sandwich (white). This has now been my dinner 2 days in row! Just can't get enough of it:)
Last 2 pics, Hannah playing on her trampoline just before the sun went 'to bed'. I love them, even with her tongue sticking out:) Just a huge blessing to both Chad and I!
Pumpkin Pie
1 unbaked pie shell
2 c pumpkin
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 c sugar or brown sugar
1/2 t salt
1 cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t cloves
1/4 t ginger
1 c evaporated milk (I just realized I used sweetened condensed milk instead, still very nummy!)
Combine eggs, sugar, salt, spices, and beat well. Blend in pumpkin, add milk and beat again. Pour into unbaked shell and bake at 450 till brown and knife inserted comes out clean. Sorry, no idea how long it took...
As for the pumpkin, I guess you have 2 options...
1. cut off the skin and then carve up into blocks and boil.
2. cut in half, take out the guts, seeds on one tray to enjoy later, slimy stuff in garbage. I then took a cake pan, put 1 cm of water in it then put the pumpkin halves face down in the water and baked in the oven at around 375ish :) till it was soft to poke on the outside, again no time idea. Then take out, scrape pumpkin from shell and since it was still a little firm in areas, I just boiled for 5 more mins then drained and mashed into pie:) Very easy :0) Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment