Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last day in the "Loops"

It is actually rather depressing, thinking that tomorrow we head out and we leave Kamloops. It is pretty amazing, being gone for 9.5 years (other than visits) and although some has changed, it seems like NOTHING has changed. My daddy asked my mom today what is new, concerning something, don't remember, and I laughted, nothing is new, nothing has changed! It is pretty amazing, walking around the Maga Market, or even the insurance place, to name a few and actually seeing people that you know. You walk past them, thinking "I know you" and then kick yourself for not stopping and asking "Elizabeth???" etc. I remember going for walks around my friend Dustin's road when we were in HS and JR high and solving the worlds problems. Now I drive around that loop and notice all of the horses, the riding arenas etc and I have to wonder if it was always like that and we were so involved in our talks about Rob Wall BN:) and everything else that my horse obsessed mind never noticed or if it is just as of the last 10 years. My parents tell me it has always been like that. That is amazing, me not noticing. Me and my bubble I guess. I am really tired, sorry for babbling on. Hard to not walk down memory lane when it is so nice to just feel comfort in knowing nothing has changed and will hopefully not change between today and my next visit.

I didn't get to see any of my friends here, for that I am sorry. I never even got to take Hannah for a walk down the road to get ice cream or to see the donkey at the corner, by Fraggle Rock. Lea, is that still there??? I really have no idea where the time has gone...

Anyways, I know everybody logs on to see pictures, not read me going on and on and on, so here we go!
Any guesses what that is she is holding, BCers? :) The biggest treats of the trip! This picture is showing Hannah standing at he big picture window in the front room, she is just looking at the mountains, and fields. You see pics of the view in a past post. She was just taking it all in and actually made me sad, thinking that she may not remember the view. One of the best parts of living here! Horses etc, no doubt she will remember. Equally important I guess;) I will miss the view no doubt! Something I realized I took for granted. She just stopped calling the mountains 'really, really big hills' a couple days ago...
We made cupcakes for our neighbours that came over tonight for a visit to see the 'baby'. Not so much now... Molly, the mixer still purrs!
more of my Dancing Queen. Jiving to Funky Town I think here;)
If you look in the middle of the picture, smack dab in the middle, just below the line of green field and plowed, you see one of many coyote's here. It is a dark spot;)

A couple stories...
As we were driving up Barnhartvale, with Lea, coming here from Vancouver, we were coming up to a corner and a black bear ran infront of us. There was a pedal biker as well, he turned around and looked at us, I wonder how long it took for his heart to drop out of his throat! That bear passed no more than 20 feet inf ront of him!
And then 2 days ago. Mom was out with Hannah, visiting Jacks and she saw a wolf! She says about 40-50 feet away! Jumped the fence while looking at them. There are reports of a wild Wolf mix around here, dragging baby cows out of barns! Scary stuff!

So the plan for the rest of the trip...
Tomorrow we head out 'early' I am thinking amazing if we are on the road by 10! But we are going to head to Med Hat Alberta. More than likely spending Monday night 1/2 way, around Golden with the 5th wheel. Then Tuesday we finish the trek and go to Owen's where I get to meet Connor!!! And I am looking forward to seeing Laura and Anjolie:)
Owen arrives home on Wednesday. We hang out there for Wednesday.
Then Thursday, we head out camping with Owen and family.
Camping till Sunday ( I think ) then as far as I know, we will be jumping the border and heading home. 3 or 4 days??? Who knows, my parents call the shots and they are on vacation:0

So, this blog may not be updated till sometime the first week of June. If that is the case, expect a picture heavy blog! Hope everybody in the US is having a good and of course a safe May Long weekend. Thinking of you a lot Chad and miss you more than you know! Proud of you and your 160 miles plus for biking in the past 24 hrs. MS Tram, here you come! Oh, and my grandma sends you a big hug, she is proud of you and sends her love as well:) That is a treat...

No comments:

Post a Comment