Wednesday, November 4, 2009

VERY busy day!


We have actually done 2 math projects this morning and we have had soooo much fun!

For starters, I put about 2 inches of whole corn, from our corn burner in a tool box of Hannah's and added 20 pennies.  I drew up 20 cards, on one side, I put the number and that number in dots, on the other side, just the number.  The idea is, whatever number card she picks, she has to dig through the corn and find that many pennies.  Either match it with the number of dots and number or just count to match the number:)  She loved it!


The second math project is again 1-10.  "10 little ducklings":)
Doreen had given us a duck not pad, thanks a lot Doreen!  I drew and cut out a Mother duck, as well as Hannah, and I wrote 1-10 on 10 little ducks.  Velcro on the back side and we mounted that on some water.  Right now, she will walk by and look at the 1-10 and pick out 2 numbers that I have swapped around.  And correct my 'booboo".  Later, I will ask her to mount up in order.  Again, loving it!





Hannah cutting out her own duck!
Also have been really busy with art.  The best paint ever!  Mix Tempera paint, Daddy's shaving cream, and some glue together.  It will dry puffy and soft:)  We also add glitter to the mix:)  
So today, we started Ii and painted her bubble letter as well as an igloo with the puffy paint.  After the real fun, we tackled 2 of our 4 weekly work books for the Letter I.  All in all, a great day... for feeling like I have not slept in days and a head that feels like a brick...:)

It will actually dry puffy like it shows in the picture!

Hannah deep in concentration...

After the Igloo was painted, we added some cotton ball snow, painted the moon and fire and of course added her name in full.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the tracing Hannah! Got to try the math games & puffy paint! :)

    ReplyDelete