Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hallowe'en Night


Well,  we are all exhausted after yesterday!  I fail to understand the excitement of Daylight savings in the fall.  Yippee, you get another hours sleep, UNLESS you have a young child!!!  Just means you get up earlier in the day.  Kudo's to Hannah, I guess I can't really complain, she slept till 6:50.
Chad had this off road bike ride that he wanted to participate in so we headed into the cities early, dropped him off, and Hannah and I headed over to the IL's to "help" set up all of Grandma's Hallowe'en decorations.  
Now, to understand this 'help' you must understand, and correct me if I am wrong Doreen, but I do believe that Hallowe'en is her favorite day of the year!  She has, what Hannah could call "Night Lights" on her roof, all over her yard, a grave yard, spooky bats that fly at you, a screeching mat so that when you step up to the door to ring the bell, it freaks you out, witches galore with mist machines, and even a bubble machine that has smoke inside so when they pop, mist comes out!  Must not forget the dead limbs, heads etc that reach out of the ground, and of course, strobe lights.  That is only the tip of the ice burg.  You step into the house, and it is just the same, witches that cackle as you walk by, freaky fortune tellers, homes and trains that are haunted, lights flickering and the sounds that go with it!  I could go on and on.  Lets just say, kids freak out, and there are some that refuse to get out of the car, refuse to walk down the drive or refuse to go after dark...
Chad ended up crashing his bike 3 times:)  and a flat tire so we picked him up early.  He looked like he had fun, bike and him covered in mud:)    After fixing his huge tire (this tire is not your normal tire, as it is about 4 inches wide, instead of your 1ish inch tire...) we headed back to get ready for Hallowe'en.
We did a lot of walking, I weighed her bag once we got back, it is just shy of 4 pounds!   

This morning, after a great breakfast of steak and eggs, we curled up on the couch, even Chad, and watched the new Tinker movie!  THEN Hannah and Chad dug through her bag and they picked out toppings for Carmel apples, which we made following their choices:)  Should be nummy, can't wait to try them later!!!  Wow, sounds like it should be later than 10:34...
Ok, Pic time from yesterday:)
Here she is, looking up at the "night lights" on the roof.  You will see that in a later picture.
Having fun playing with Casey, their golden.
Here she is holding down the Pumpkin night lights.
Her exploring the Grave Yard and collecting leaves to go into the orange jack-o-lantern.
Here is Hannah and Alex playing with the smoke filled bubbles.

Here is Hannah, ready to go!  You can see the ghost night light on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment