Not much going on around here. Chad has a 5 day weekend, starting tomorrow, but will be spending the day tomorrow with web work. Then Thanksgiving will be here and then, just before we know it, it will be Christmas!!! Amazing...
We have just been working on the same ol letter work. We are now on Nn, which is easy for Hannah as she has been spelling her name for weeks now:) She knows all of her sounds now so the are mostly working on printing of the letter now and her telling me what words start with for work sheets.
We review daily the Hooked on Phonics (HOP) and she just blows through her sounds. We are also working on "at" words. She will sound out the words c at but still not really putting it together as cat. It will come. We will just review it daily and not be in a rush. I am thinking of building a slide, so I can put "at" at the bottom and have the first letter "c" or whatever it is slide down towards "at" to make "cat". I wonder if something visual like that will help it click. We are only on day 2 of working on it, I don't expect her to get it right away:)
Today I changed her Letter of the Week board to Sound of the Week idea. The words are ones we are working on sounding out, I also have a set that we work on whenever we feel like it. She loves the butterfly words. Once she gets the "at" words, there is actually a small book for her to read! Just blows my mind:)
This is the Sound of the Week board with the current words we are working on sounding out.
This is a page out of the HOP that she just blows through. Rosie, this is what I was telling you about a few days ago.
I hope all my American friends and family have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. There is so much to be thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment