I decided to go light on her lessons today, just review her phonics and skip her work sheets and printing lessons. Well today, we skipped all the letter sounds, shown in yesterdays blog post and just went to the words.
Tried just reviewing the words, still separated the "m at" and wasn't getting "mat". Tried the slide idea, same thing. Then I tried sticking out the left hand, saying "Mmmm" sticking out the right hand saying "at" then clapping them together with "mat", then we moved on to the next after a couple claps. By the end, my daughter was reading the words!!! In the end, she got mat, sat, rat, bat, cat, and hat! We called it quits and hope to revisit it later today after she broke out in "Slippery Fish" for a song. Her mind was not on the lesson at that point. So we will see where she is with it later today, but I am just amazed at her. Read her first words at less than 39 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment