Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fun Filled day of Math:)

Hello everybody!  
I am feeling so much better today, nice to actually feel up to being up and around!  

Hannah and I enjoyed the jumping box, shown almost 2 week ago.  We fished for pennies in the corn and Hannah played as if she was a tractor with a shovel, scooping up the corn.  I introduced something new today.  We have 10 horses,  Caly, Twilight,  Starbuck and Sammy depending on Colors in a little bag.  I had her stand back and throw the horses into a few different cardboard box lids and then count and put the correct number car into the lid.  I was very proud of her.  She counted right every time, when just 1 week ago, even though she could count no problem, actual counting of objects was a challenge.

We ventured out for a grocery trip, Hannah with her little cart in tow, as usual now.   As I was starting my list, she asked to help. So I handed her a pen and she wrote some of my list:)  The first item is Corn, she was convinced it needed an N so that is why that is there, and she confused the B and the R, which is, to me, understandable at this age for printing.  Wonder if you can guess what the next 2 items are on the list:)  

We enjoyed more finger painting and regular painting.  We have more mail going out tomorrow.  Fridge accessories:) 

Hannah actually had a nap today!  I tried to lay down too but I have 4 days of house work so I couldn't lay still long enough.  I did sit down for the last half of her nap and wrote out the lesson plans for this week and some of next week.  K L M for the letters.  We are getting there.

I think, for now, I am going to hold off on Hooked on Phonics.  I have great work books that we are enjoying so I am just going to keep going.  See where we are at the end of the year and revisit it then.  Our system is just not broken, seems to be going well, if I can just keep up with her:)  I reserve the right to go back on this and order HOP in the next little bit:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment