hello!
Well, it is FREEZING here in MN!!! I had to turn the fire on earlier this afternoon and I am about to turn it back on! I am wearing wool socks and my toes still feel like they are about to chip off!
We had a wonderful day! We started with a new story time for the year. This one is for ages 3-5, Preschoolers. The Librarian Dianne sure expects a lot more out of this bunch of kids vs. the younger group we were part of last winter! I LOVE it!!! Hannah did great:)
We didn't get to our lessons till after lunch, but she did pretty good. We made another Itsy Bitsy B book and I have been working with her on that. She finally got the "down bump bump" for printing of the B. She was doing a figure eight prior to today with 2 flat sides:) Sure is creative.
She continues to be obsessed with tea and we now have a ritual of having hot chocolate tea after dinner with the tea set Auntie Lea bought for her. My little girl insists on doing it all, serving of the 'crackers' and pouring of the hot chocolate.
Tomorrow we head in and get her blood work done and then we hope to head to the zoo for the day. And hopefully have a family date night if Chad is able to swing having the evening off of other work.
Oh! One more thing and I think I have bragging rights here! I got the Kraft seasonal magazine in the mail a few weeks ago and it got me thinking about that weeks worth of dinners in a bag thing. So I went to the grocery store over the weekend with magazine in hand. I substituted some things like the sloppy joe's for meat loaf and the pizza for ribs and baked spuds. I also had to add about $20 to the list of things we needed for survival like TP... And the whole bill came to $55!!!!!!!!! That has fresh veggies and fruit included!!! So far, 2 meals in they have been great, I am weary of tomorrow's meal as it has Velveeta in it ( like wild rice soup, I think you have to be MN to like it... Or SPAM...) but I am going to give it a shot! Worst case for me, tonight's dinner as left overs for tomorrow!
Below you can see that we have been busy with fall crafts:) Even tonight at 8:45 she was asking for more crafts. I really have to remember to get a big pad of that crate paper for her so we can more more 'stuff':)
Here are her painted pumpkins. This is almost a daily craft for her. I think she has 8 more pumpkins to paint till we run out... She grew these herself.
Here are some ghosts! Hand print and foot print. Lona gave me this idea! Thanks again Lona!!!
We also have turkey on the way, I will post those later.
Sorry about the blue underlined printing... Not sure why this is happening...
No comments:
Post a Comment