Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Play Catch Up


I have had updates saved for Monday, Tuesday, and today, I get to actually posting.
We have been kicking butt and taking names with our lessons :)
We are working on listening for the LAST sound/letter you hear.  We are finally getting it, have a ways to go but we will be there soon :)  She would get a little confused and just listen for the first sound, since she has been listening for that for about 6 months.  She was even able to pick out the middle sounds on monday!!!  

This is the worksheet that she had to focus on the middle sound.  

As our unit study, we are learning about Easter.  This was a hard unit to put together since I wanted to keep it at a level that a 3 year old would understand.  The word hunt, we changed and did a letter search to find Easter, Jesus and Cross.  The Easter song is adorable, there is an Easter mini book and the maze.  And for tracing, she is working on the bible verse.  1-2 lines a lesson.  
For reading, we have been trying Dick and Jane Jump and Run.  WE LOVE IT!!! She is interested in reading this book :)   I also have BOB books coming to me from the library as I have heard many good things about this series for introducing reading.  Pretty excited to try them as well.

Today was a beautiful day.  Clam diggers and sandals came out, highs in the mid 70's.  Our Mazie kept laying in the ditch full of water to cool off.  
Hannah wanted to water a garden, the result...

These poor flowers don't stand a chance but she had fun.  That is the important part. I am sure tomorrow they will drown all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment