Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Busy, busy, busy


We have been keeping ourselves busy today!  I put away all workbooks and we focused on the fun learning games, and I did a bunch of cutting and made up some poster boards to help us out:)

I have been reading up on sight words, and lots of teachers seem to prefer the DOLCH Sight Vocabulary.  I went to #2 and printed up the vocabulary list and we will work off of that.  But the above is the word wall we are going to add to.  The tulips, or as Hannah says, dinosaur foot prints, come from here.

Vowels.  I have been wanting to teach her this, and now I know how:)  To song.  Here is the link I used for the idea for above.

For days of the week, we went here and learned them by using this song.  Anybody else remember this song from when they were little?  Made me smile, ya, ok, I am a dork...  But she got this in about a day, and that was because we had a lot of car time where we just repeated this song over and over and over...  Yes, Chad was NOT in the car or I would of been walking!

Another thing we made today,  A sight word folder game.  Pretty simple, she takes the picture and puts it in the correct sunflower with word.  This also came from here.

Beginning sounds come easy to Hannah, she has been getting them no problem for about 4 months, so today, we tackled the ending sound.  This was hard, esp. if there was a beginning letter on the table, like BUS, she wanted B, not S...  I got this out of this book.  LOVE IT!!!  Helps change up the day

So that is our day as of now.  Not sure if I will be able to keep her out of the workbooks but that is fine. Whatever makes her happy to learn!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I cant wait to move so I can get stuff like this on her wall!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so kool! Thank you so much!! Gave me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete