Monday, January 25, 2010

Workin' on the WorkBoxes


Good morning!

I think I have fallen in love!!!    This is a wonderful system.  Because we do not have any shelves to place the 8 boxes on, I have just lined them up against the wall in the kitchen.  When we are done with them for the day, I will stack them up, put them away till I set up for tomorrow.  

I am sorry that most of my pictures are sideways, new computer system without my iPhoto.  I have some learning to do myself...

WorkBox #1.  Today was a worksheet, working on the letter Orange.  My camera was dead first thing this morning, so some things are already done...



Her Phonics work in Bin #2.


Today's worksheet in this book was reviewing her numbers 1-4 for printing.  Workbox #3.


WorkBox #4.  The craft!  THIS is the reason why this system works great!  When we sat down this morning, and I talked to her about how this is going to work, she picked up on the craft right away.  Since she was super excited about cutting, she sat down and worked on Box 1-3 without any problems.  


We are doing a unit on our 5 Senses this week, starting with taste.  So above is our tongue, and after looking at them in the mirror, she noticed there are little bumps so after she cut out the lips and tongue, we added glue balls and sprinkled salt over the glue.    

WorkBox #5.  In a little bit, we are going to go have our lunch, and while we eat, we will figure out what foods go where for taste.


WorkBox #6.  She will be blindfolded and if she will plug her nose, we are going to see if she can guess what the food is she is trying.  


WorkBox #7, not taste related but it is a bear 'puzzle' that she will have to put in order from head to toe.  This is a new concept (putting in order) that we will start today, so starting off with 3 pieces...

WorkBox #8!!! Surprise.  She has no idea what is in the box.  I may be stickers, may be a chocolate kiss,  a mystery craft...  Anything I want:)   

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the boxes and how you set it up!!!! Now im even more excited to get my workboxes and get Anais stuff set up!! :)

    Btw...
    Mazzie looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete