Saturday, January 2, 2010

Just super excited!!!

First, I must start by adding that we just had the best family evening that we have had in a long time!  Chad cranked his music, mixed with a bit of Veggie Tales for Hannah and Abba for me and we rocked out, dancing our heart out, playing music and Chad and Hannah attempted their hands at juggling:)  What a cute site, watching Hannah try that!

We have 1 day left of Chad's 2+ weeks of Christmas vacation.  I think we will really miss having him back at work.  I have loved having him home!

Anyways, the reason why I am super excited!!! 
I have been thinking for the longest time, as you know, about what to do with Hannah since LOTW was not cutting it. Hannah was just catching on too fast, ahead of the game with her printing and sounds, so LOTW was just "there", nothing special.  It lost it's excitement...
SO my first UNIT STUDY!!!  HERE IT IS!!!

ALL ABOUT ME!

HANNAH 

 

WHAT IS IN A NAME?

            Bible meaning of Hannah. 

                        My Learn to Pray Bible by Tyndale Kids

                        "Sad Hannah" 1 Samuel 1 (read daily during Name section)

            Meaning: Grace

            Practice writing name,  first, middle, last

                        How many letters in each name?

            Family member first names 

                        How many letters in each name?     

                        Make graph of each name with # of letters

            Book “Chrysanthemum” by Kevin Henkes (read daily during Name section)

Talk about different names and how it is not nice to tease others because of their name

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

            Make a book in the shape of a home.

                        Decorate it with cut out windows/doors to glue on to look like home

                        Name

                        Names of who live in the house and role, eg. Daddy, dog…

                        Address and phone numbers

WE ARE FAMILY!

            Book “ Love is a family” by Roma Downey (read daily during Family secion)

                        Talk about different kinds of families and the love in each           

            Make a book of the family pictures, note eye color, hair color, boy/girl etc.

Refer to graph made in WHAT IS IN A NAME? And talk about who has the most letters, least letters etc.

HEAD AND SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES…  BODY

            See Finger Plays

            Study face in mirror,  have student draw their face, using correct colors

            Silhouette of body with name printed under it.  Can use it later to show they are             growing.

COME TO YOUR SENSES!

            Introduce the 5 senses, and make a book of likes and dislikes using all 5 senses 

  

Finger Plays:

 ---

Two little eyes that open and close

Two little ears and one little nose

Two little cheeks and one little chin

Two little lips with teeth locked in

                  

 ---

Where is Thumbkin?

Where is Thumbkin?

Here I am. Here I am.

How are you today sir?

Very well I thank you.

Run away. Run away.

 

  ---

Open them, shut them

Open them, shut them,

Give a little clap

Open them, shut them,

Open them, shut them.

Place them in your lap.

Creep them, creep them, creep them, creep them

Right up to your chin

Open up your mouth

But do not let them in!

 

---- 

 On my head my hands I place,

On my shoulders, on my face

On my hits and at my side,

Then behind me they will hide.

I will hold them up so high;

Quickly make my fingers fly;

Hold them out infront of me;

Swiftly clap them—one, two three!


So family, Doreen, Ted, Curt and family and my family, send (e-mail) me a pic of your face/head so we can print it up for us to work with, that will be added into a book for Hannah:) 

There it is:) 

I now, officially have a way to upload video, but it is late and it will take a long time with both Chad and I on our computers/internet so that will more than likely happen on monday, when he is back to the slave board.  

Is anybody else getting excited to start decorating for Valentines???   I can't wait!!!

It is 10:00 pm and our water pipes are already frozen in the kitchen:(   I hate MN winters!  This is crazy!  Makes me yearn for BC, seriously!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment