Yesterday we started working on color names, recoginizing the word that goes with the color. So we decided that this coming week would be Rainbow lapbook week. We are not really going to go into the science of it but we will work on word recognition, primary colors and mixing to make secondary. We actually started this today. She saw the started on lapbook this morning and couldn't wait to get going on it. I plan on making a rainbow cake, mixing colors into the batter to make it rainbowish :) playing with prisms and many more fun activities :)
The colored rainbows have the color name printed on the top, inside, Hannah named an item that is that color and I printed. Primary color wheel, then we mixed for secondary for the larger wheel. The hearts have a little pocket below with a card with the color name on it. She is to match the name with the correct heart. I am thinking that the space below, we may cut out some magazine pictures to make a rainbow out of different items. I will add some songs and poems as well. Want to find a song that will help with the spelling. That seems to stick for Hannah, and rather fast :)
I have also fallen inlove with BOB books! It is a series of 5 levels of 'readers' for beginning phonics. Each level comes with 12 readers, and this series is also keeping her attention. Yesterday, she sat down with me and read me books 1 - 3 with a small amount of help on my part. I requested this from my library, I will be ordering my own set to keep, as Hannah says, "We must go to Target and buy some!" :) Not Target, Rainbow Resources seems to have the best price for this:)
No comments:
Post a Comment