Friday, April 23, 2010

Growing up a little too fast...



well, today was my last day of Pre-preschool.  I am no longer needed.  For the last 4 weeks, it will be Hannah, her fellow students and Ms. Rachel.  

I also ordered some fun curriculum work books and math manipulatives for Hannah, can't wait to get them in the mail from Rainbow Resources.

She also almost had me in tears today.  You know that moment where you are just shocked, amazed, floored at what they can do?  It was THAT kind of a moment.
As we were driving to school today, she started singing her Rainbow song.  The song we memorized to help her learn the order of the rainbow.  Well, today, she started to sing it, and when she was done, she informed me that she wanted to try to sing it backwards.  I am sitting there thinking,  "Um, I wonder about this girl..." But she breaks out into song...
Purple is fun, fun, fun!
Blue is the colour of the sky,
Green is the colour of trees, 5ish second pause,
Yellow is the colour of a lemon, another pause, 
Orange is the colour of an orange and
Red is the colour of an apple!
MOM!!! I DID IT!!! Purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red.  

My jaw was on the steering wheel, still can't believe that girl sometimes.

We have dress rehearsal tonight, for Hannah's final spring show.  I am going to miss my Thursday afternoons with my friends, and I know Hannah is too.  T-ball can't start up soon enough, and swimming )

We are heading out soon to do a quick grocery stop before dance.  I was sitting down with my paper, she comes up with her 'blue's clues note book" and asks for her list.  This is her lesson for today, she did pretty good :)

Bun, egg, corn, melk, pop :)  not bad :)

1 comment: