Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Such a good lesson day"


That is what Hannah just finished saying:)  Makes me smile!
We have been playing catch up a little bit, and keeping it fun at the same time.  She sat down and did all of the math I had planned for the week in work sheets today, and even asked to keep going.  We did review of lower case letters, that will take work but I am not going to sweat it at this age:)  We pulled out the CAT book and I have a little video that I will post later, actually I have a lot of video's to post but I can't hook it up to my computer and keep the keyboard/mouse at the same time so once Hubby gets home, we will get it posted!
Hannah is pretty excited, as most of you know, we live on a hobby farm and really do not have much luck with pets, other than horses...  Our cats die for unknown reasons and have gone through 3 adorable kittens in 4 months this summer/fall.  We have had kittens and a dog in a barn fire. Our dogs get hit by cars, paralized and we try to nurse them back to health, to have them put down, our current dog was shot in the head this summer and although seems a little 'out of it' at times, she is actually normal, dispite the fact that there is a bullet 7 cm's in her head...  Anyways, Hannah is super excited, and Daddy, brace yourself....  Sitting?  We have a HUGE gray cat on our farm!!!  I almost walked up to him, before he ran off... still sitting???  I think he is lodged in your oversized toy box hon...  That is where all the paw prints go...  I looked and didn't find him:)  er I mean  :(

This picture is a HUGE deal!!!  If you know Hannah, you know that even as a new born, she wouldn't nap!  Well, yesterday, she told me she was going to go play in her room, after 5 mins of quiet, I peeked in and this is what I saw!!! She was out for a 2+hr nap!  All on her own!

Here Hannah is holding up all of our AN words, hence the PAN:)  But I am sure you already knew that that was a pan right?!?  Common, I think it is rather funny looking...

And our AP words, hence the ZAP!  Hannah is loving this method of learning her words.  I think I am going to use the HOP work book as my guide and keep introducing the words this way instead of book.  And then she can use the readers as the time comes.  We will see, I just need this to be fun and this sure seems more fun for her than just using the work book.

And the new words, AG words, BAG:)  hehe.  And I am sure it is obvious, but that is my version of Broccoli, Hannah's favorite veggie.  Makes me think of Veggie Tales, minus the face:)

And our word wall at this point:)

I am pretty excited, I think we are going to start a unit on "all about me".  I found a great lesson plan that will last a few weeks and it will go over our family, her body, and many other fun things! I can't wait!  We are off to the library in a short bit to get books to go with the unit:)

On the off chance I don't post again this year, I hope everybody has a great and SAFE New Years!  Miss you family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment