Monday, December 14, 2009

Aaaaaallll Aboard!














Hello everybody!!!

What an action packed 3 days:)  Happy to be home today, did our food shopping right away so the rest of the day can consist of quiet time at home.  Plan to do more baking today, cleaning and I am feeling so Minnesotan...  I am going to attempt Tator Tot Hot Dish:)  hehe!  

We start the week working with Rr, have some fun projects to go with it, I hope to be better with taking pics and posting.  I am getting giddy with the new year.  As soon as we are done Zz, plan is by mid January,  we are going to start unit studies.  Starting with "All about me" where we will learn about where we live, health, body, etc and from there, just follow Hannah's interests.  Hope to get Daddy involved too.  I am pretty sure one of the units will be bike and sail boats, I will let him do stuff like that:)  When Spring is here, hope to study butterflies and we can plant butterfly gardens, Daddy can help her make a butterfly house, ants, get an ant farm etc:)  Yes, I am pretty excited and I think that doing unit studies will be of more interest for Hannah.

Anyways, about the weekend:)

We headed out to IA Friday morning, stopped at a few must-stop-shops along the way.  We arrived at the hotel just in time to get ourselves dressed into the many layers needed for well below freezing temps, I would guess around -18*C at least.  We were told this would be an old steam engine and the cars would not be heated once we were under way.  Well, we lucked out:) First, when we got into our car, we were able to grab the ONLY set of benches facing each other so we all got to enjoy Hannah.  On the other side of the isle, was the Reader and Santa's elf.  And just as great, HEAT!!! Yes, I think we got the only car that was heated for the whole time:)  Looking at the poor soles getting off the train at the end, they were cold, wrapped up in blankets, gloves and toques on.  Us, well, were were quiet comfortable:)  

Hannah held the mic for a bit during the singing, train surfed in the isle, watched for wolves in the snow ( from the Polar Express book )  and just enjoyed every minute of it.  We were shocked that she wanted nothing to do with the conductor, her favorite person in the movie...

Sunday morning, after our breakfast, we enjoyed the pool.  She loved it of course, I actually got a picture of her swimming on her own on her back:)  That surprised us all:)  And must not forget the 'highlight' (wish you could catch the sarcasm in my voice), the SPAM museum:)  Actually we had fun there as well:)     

Ok, I am having problems, so  those of you that get this in e-mail format, you may actually have to log into my blog to see the pics.  I am going to publish this then go back and add as I can't seem to do it now.  

Yes, it was a great 2 days, thanks again Doreen!
Hannah and I waiting for the boarding of the train. We were so excited!
Here we are leaving the station.  You can see how excited she is!
Here she is, showing off her Polar Express ticket.  Before we left home Friday morning, I printed up some Polar Express tickets so she could have one and look forward to the trip:)  

Daddy, Hannah and I on the train.

Hannah holding up her bell that Santa gave her:)

I think this was during "Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer" song.  The kids took their turn, singing into the mic.

Hannah swimming at the pool.

Her swimming on her back, all buy herself!

Huh...

Daddy and Hannah working the line, packaging SPAM.  I think Hannah could do it in 55 seconds

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had ana wesome weekend!!! Love the pics! Cute polka dot outfit on Hannah!! :)

    ReplyDelete