You bettcha! Today we finished our garden... I think. This is my little helper, dressed to go out. She refused a coat, saying it 'looks too silly'. So be it my child :) Oh, temp was 61* with a heavy wind at this point :)
I have fallen in love with our Singapore Math curric! This book is amazing. There is no need for a teacher manual ( not sure if one would be needed for this level but still...) This book has on the bottom of each page, the goal, how to teach it with using different objects around the house and then the work sheet.
Here we are using the manipulative cubes. This goes with Dino. The instructions at the bottom of the page is to give them a few cubes, and have them put 1 cube into each circle. I drew the circles on scrap paper. Then it suggests asking the child to find something in the room, that is the color of the cube. Hence the reason for all 10 cubes above:) She couldn't stop at 5:) Also was handy with the other page, she would lay out the cubes to match the patterns to see if they were the SAME or DIFFERENT.
The Dino exercise, she surprised me once again. On the wall, I have a piece of paper with the colors printed on it in that color. So we work on our cubes, then she notices the words beside Dino, and right away, spells out red, she ran to the poster to find what color that spelled, she worked her way down the 5 colors, colored them in then waiting for my directions, to color in ONE circle per color. Dino deserved a scratch and sniff popsicle :)
The below is a page out of our Explode the Code Curric. This is the 2nd level and introduces vowels. Very happy I started here. I was expecting to be challenged with this page. Idea is you say what the picture is and sound out the words and circle the correct letter in each box. This page didn't even have her hesitating, till it came to printing the word out. We got 2 words printed till we called it quits. I am asking for lower case now and that is where we are challenged, she has been printing in upper case for so long it seems. Makes me wonder if I would even introduce upper case till later with the next one. This page will be finished tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment