Tuesday, May 18, 2010

T-ball

If you are ever in need of a good laugh, find a t-ball game or practice with 3 year olds taking part!!!  What a HOOT!!!

Hannah was asking for some pictures prior to the game, and here, she is "practicing my "I'm a winner" dance" Oh my, I think I have a highly competitive daughter on my hands.  One thing I am to blame for passing down I do believe :)

Right off, they are asked to find a buddy, Hannah knew one girl (Grade K) from story time, and the girl paired up with Hannah right away, that was quickly changed, so Hannah was with another 3 year old.  First 'drill' "throw and catch" the ball :)  Poor Hannah means well :)  

By the time the ball got to either of the kids it was rolling, so Hannah goes running after it, most of the time, while running after the ball, she would accidently kick it so it would go further :)   Then comes the throwing, at first, she tries to throw it with the gloved hand :)  Adorable and much laughing :) In the end, the glove was hardly used for the game, and she was getting a pretty good throw.  The glove comes in handy for collecting all the dirt :)


She also did great with the t-ball hitting part.  Only took her a few swings of hitting the base, till she was hitting the ball every time :)  She LOVED being there, with the bat.

Practice is one hour, and by the end of it, Hannah was the only 3 year old standing, out of the 3. They alternate between 6:30 and 7:30, 6:30 time was pushing it, I am not sure how starting at 7:30, and going to 8:30 is going to work...  We will find out tomorrow.

Daddy couldn't wait to get in and play a little ball with her, I wonder how long till he brings her home a t-ball set...   I think it is safe to say, that after the first night, first hour, all 3 of us have already gotten the $11 registration fee worth of enjoyment!

She LOVED hanging out at 3rd base.  If anybody stood on that base, it would throw her off and she would stop dead in her tracks.

Waiting for the ball to come her way.

My little pitcher:)  
Near the end of the practice, Hannah was running from 2nd to 3rd base, and the coach yells "make sure you touch the base!" so Hannah would bend over and with her pointing finger, reach down and TOUCH the base!!! As I said earlier, a total HOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment