Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our week...



^^^ Sparkles^^^
^^^^^^I love this picture because if you look close enough, you see her freckles :)
^^^Willy^^^
Daddy and Hannah at the Eden Prairie Air Show over the weekend.
Hannah and I after we toured the B17, The Flying Fortress.

We are currently experiencing a major heat wave, and hiding out indoors! Our 'feels like' temperature has been 115*+ out there, and humidity near 90%. Pretty miserable and I can't wait for it to end tomorrow night!

My running is coming along, the other day I ran 1.9 miles in the 23 minutes given. Couldn't bring myself to run that extra .1 mile. Waaaaay too hot out there, even at 5 am! Tomorrow morning I hope to get up and break the 2 mile mark :)

I spent last week, many hours while Hannah was at VBS working on the rest of the year for Hannah's lesson plan. Yesterday, I threw it out the window :( I decided it was just too much repetitive busy work that isn't really needed at this age. So today we tried a new way and it went so much better today. Instead of individual letters over and over and over and over (you get the gist of it) again... she has work sheets where she has to fill in sentences with words and she can work on it that way.

I have also been working on change(coins) with her. Again, work sheets. Today, we played toy store for about 3 hrs. And wa-la, she figured out her coins within 10 minutes. Worksheets have their place, and I have to be reminded once in a while that if it can be learned through fun, then DO IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment