There was a report made yesterday that MN was actually the hottest place in the WORLD for a short while yesterday! Isn't that crazy!?!?! They are calling this a heat storm. It ends tonight, 5 days of extreme weather warnings is a little much!
I ended up going for my run last night, thinking that since the sun was down, and there appeared to be a breeze, it would be fine. I opted for a 'short' 20 minute run instead of what the C25K program called for, due to the weather. I headed out, pretty excited. About 3 minutes in, the wind died. For the first time since I started, I actually had a hard time breathing, I hand that down to humidity and the heat (feels like was 99*, humidity in the high 80's%). I did manage to run the whole 20 minutes, and I beat my distance for the last time I ran it, by 1/2 a mile! 1.6 miles ran in 20 minutes ;) Tonight, if Chad gets home, I will head out for the start of my week 7, 25 minute run, or first thing tomorrow. Looking forward to running more than 2 miles!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment