Chad and I spent Friday evening installing a water softener since our Culligan that was over 50 years old finally bit the dust. Says something about their product :) And I will tell you this, they are not built like they used too, but that seems to be the story with most things now-a -days....
So we got it installed, and looking at the pipes, and the fact that the new one had plastic fixtures, we were sure something would break in the next few weeks, so today, Chad loaded up Hannah for a 'daddy date' and they ran back to LOWS to get different stuff, so again, we reinstalled the water softener, in total, between the 2 installations, about 3-4 hrs. That is pretty good in my book, as knowing this house, so much can go wrong :) But we now have a working one, that won't run all the time and burn out our well :)
I redid (4th attempt actually) my homework for the photo class, and I actually got a fairly cute picture of my Princess amongst the other ones. Out of the 6, this was the best one...
As for our lessons this week, I am even more in love with ABeka! O'Clock was re-introduced, she is already on reader 3 of the 12 reader series, and we are only 9 lessons in, and with the consistency/flow of all of the work, she breezes through with hardly any goofing off like we had in the past.
As for her Singapore Math, which I will be sad to see end in a month or so, she continued on her subtraction and addition. She has been using the Abacus, despite what the workbook says. I figure keep it constant, less room for confusion. Again, she surprised me. The equation was 19-3= __ I thought she would get stumped at 10 and not be sure what to do beyond the end of the row, but she just kept going, breezing through the work sheet of big numbers and subtraction. Now the challenge is, paying attention to if the sign is actually a - or a + because they are now mixed on the page :)
New to our lessons is calander time. I am not sure if I have posted this already, as I got it a week ago... But Hannah loves this, and has figured out that if she looks up from the current date, she can read the day of the week. I hope to have her understanding the whole month and week thing this week:)
I hope everybody is having a great weekend, and I will talk to you early next week :) After another photography class :)
No comments:
Post a Comment