I crammed a lot over the weekend, reading up on the user manual, who knew reading one could be so much fun! I still had to pull it out last night for constant referral but I survived :)
There are 4 things that I know I didn't know, what has stopped me from using my D70 beyond a point and shoot, what was just so overwhelming, that I just didn't even know where to start. I can only imagine what else there is to learn in the next 4 classes! So, I THINK I now understand 3 of the 4, and learned a few cool tricks along the way.
ISO, Shutter Speed, and F Stop were taught last night, next week, White Balance :) WOOT! Blah, blah, blah :)
This weeks assignment WAS to take a portrait, simple enough:) I was looking forward to it actually. THEN I woke up this morning, with an e-mail from the teacher, Peter Wong, website HERE (Worth a look, great photographer, he does golf courses :) ) adding to the assignment. He wants us to shoot the same picture with 6 different settings, by a window with a wall as a back drop. There goes my idea :( And there goes any thought of using Hannah, I have a hard time getting Hannah to agree to one picture, let alone a min. of 6, and me needing her to stay put, while I figure out how to adjust the settings, a joke really. I already know Chad won't agree to being my 'model'.
So, today, I enlisted Lalaloopsy Doll Princess Something-Or-Other (Ask Chad, he knows her name:}) and she was perfect!
So, here is my 2nd attempt, yes I did try to bribe Hannah, still didn't work...
F4
F 5.6
F 8
F11
F16
F22
Cool eh? Great pictures eh? SEE the difference? I don't... Just noticed the difference with the shutter speed and realized that I really need a tripod:) A few have blur, and that is due to the shutter speed.
Nice pics!!! So excited for you!! :)
ReplyDelete