I am super giddy with excitement over getting my dream camera and starting monday, classes!!!
I have loved photography since Hannah was born. We ended up with a Nikon D70, when I became frustrated with my point and shoot Sony and Cannon. By the time the thing got around to getting the picture, her first few weeks of smiles were gone! I ended up with a great DSLR camera that is way beyond my capabilities, and continued to use it as a point and shoot, only with the advantage of having an instant photo, not the delay the P/S digital camera has. I have wanted, for the last 4 years, to learn about lighting, modes and so much more that my camera offered and felt that my pictures, even though the subject was adorable ;) they were full of shadows, lighting was off and so much more that was wrong. A few lucky ones in the middle where everything works out, but I want more than luck. I want the skill, the ability, the understanding, the confidence.
For Christmas, my Grandma gave me the gift of making this dream come true! I went out yesterday and bought my dream camera, the Nikon D90, that is even more over my head :) a kick butt, cute colored bag (very important to me!!!) to carry it in, and after I get some time with the instructor on the upcoming classes, I plan to deck it out in a few lenses and such. I am excited about the lessons I get to take, and hopeful that I will be able to figure out most of the settings and use this camera to it's full ability :)
Today, I just played with it a bit, I am scared to change any settings on it till I learn in the class so this is just as is, nothing altered with settings or anything. When I got my D70, someone who knows what they are doing had already set it up, this one, not so much...
So here is Mazy and Hannah, and my D90 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment