Monday, August 30, 2010

State Fair



Not a whole lot of 'lessons' going on in the form of work books and such the last 2 weeks, but we are enjoying what is left of our summer!!! She is reading to me from her BOB books almost daily, and she has this one reader in the series that after 2 -3 pages, she is done. Frustrated with the words, but this past week, she flew through it!!! I was so proud of her for doing that.

We hit up the Great MN Get Together, aka the State Fair over the weekend. I think Hannah was too hot to really enjoy it as she seemed quite content to just hang out in her buggy. We did manage to bust a few smiles out of her, although rarely caught on the camera.
Here the child learns about farming :) They have to collect corn to feed chickens, sheep, cows, and when they do feed, they get something in return, be it an egg from a hen, wool from a sheep, chocolate milk carton from a cow that you milk... :)
Her Home Depot project. A tool box for all of her sand tools :)
A rare smile caught on the camera :)

Going down the huge slide, I think that in the coming years, Chad is going to find himself on MANY rides....

Yesterday was a fairly quiet family day. Hannah and I made up her birthday invites, pictured below. Not exactly how I had it pictured, far from it but they will work fine! Many of my ideas didn't work out, but the important thing is that Hannah had fun making and decorating the cookies :)
Today is our messy party... if this rain holds off! Not so sure at this point but many pictures to follow if it happens today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment