Monday, August 31, 2009

Big day today!

Good morning!

Lots of you know that I have been obsessing over the whole home schooling thing. I have been reading books like crazy, researching curriculum and about everything else I can think of. Well, today we officially started our homeschooling experience with Preschool! She LOVED it!

We are going to be doing "Letter of the week" curriculum, where it focuses on one letter each week, the letter (which we already know), the sound, theme words, a poem, stories, songs and bible verse to do with that letter. It incorporates math, science and social studies, as well as music and art as well. Pretty good:)

It is just past 9:30 and we are done for the day, of the official stuff anyways. We are uploading "Ants go marching" song to add to the music and then after we groove to that, the formal learning is done:)

We had a great weekend. I actually felt like a normal family! It was nice!!!
Friday we dropped Hannah off at the IL's for the evening while Chad and I went for a 18 mi bike ride, or it was 16, don't remember now. Saturday morning, quiet then we loaded up the bikes again and did about 18 miles again, or it was 16:) Again, not sure but, considering I have not really been on a bike in a very long time, only a couple times this year, I was rather proud of myself. Sunday, a quiet day at home, Normal food shopping, mowing the lawn and we went to look at a horse to lease for Hannah and a place to possibly move Twi. It is only 2 mins down a road that turns off of the highway, so right on Chad's way home. We will see if it works out!

Ok, picture time. The reason why you log on anyways right?!?

We made a tie die cake last night, Hannah, Chad and I. I was wondering why Chad was 'helping' then I realized he wanted the batter from all of the containers, the spatula and spoons! Crazy guy:) He does get brownie points for sharing with Hannah:) But here is Hannah with some of the colors of the batter on her face:) Yummy!

The cake. It is one of the cupcake cakes. This was pretty fun to play with:)
Hannah's first official day of Preschool. Working on A a and Apple here:)
Putting her memory verse into the correct slot on her learning page:)
The learning page, posted so Rosey can see:) As well as the lapbook pics below.

The lapbooks are used as a topic to study. Hannah has a hard time counting objects so I made a lap book in which she needs to count. She loves to count but when it comes to counting objects, she just counts and it is almost always 4, 6 or 7 for a number:) The loves the lapbook and I am working on many more for her:) Today's math lesson:)

3 comments:

  1. So glad it went so well! I am going to get started with Malayna pretty soon. Cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im soooo happy that everything went so great!!! Hannah looks like such a big girl!!! Btw... i'm doing my lessons today with Anais just wating to put the baby down for his nap then I will start with Anais!! She's going to love it!! :) I will put pics up too!

    ReplyDelete