Monday, March 14, 2011

Ice Skating Princess!


Happy Monday!

We had a wonderful weekend, and hopefully that is a good sign of the week to come! We are going to be busy this week, with today as our only down day. Tomorrow is her playschool, Wednesday we are in the cities for the day, Date Night for Chad and I, Thursday, is "Green Day" at school, and H gets to bring in a show in tell :) THEN Friday, zoo day with some good, new friends!

Today is the start of the warm up and the worry of flooding begins. Guess you can say that I am getting my fill this week, as next week, I may not be able to get anywhere due to roads being flooded out and blockaded. We do have dikes around our town, and 2 road inserts that will go in, but they are saying that our dikes need to be over 1.5 feet taller than they are for the purposed spring flood. This could be an interesting year.

We continue to work on Cursive for H's lessons, here she is working on her "b". Today we learned "n" and it is a little confusing, in her world, it should be a "m" with the 2 bumps... She surprised me today with asking to read me 3 BOB books, including a new one she has never read. She never has a problem reading the old ones, the easy ones, but to get her to try new, can take a little time. Not the case today. I would like to think that it is her confidence in her reading, and that it is becoming easier, is to thank for her trying the new BOB with ease

H' curled up in a laundry basket while watching one basketball. Torture for Chad and I, as we are so not into any of the sports you see on tv.

We spend some time today watching "Ice Castles" this morning, H had to become an Ice Princess as well, so she dressed herself, and after requesting the skates, I have had the advantage of watching her ice shows all morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment