Friday, February 4, 2011

2-4-11


I thought I would show a little bit of what we worked on today for lessons. I kept it pretty simple for her, she seems to be 'off' today, hope she hasn't caught one of the nasty bugs that seems to be going around the area :(


This is her Singapore Math, Kindergarten. The unit is working on 0-40 and tens and ones, which is the above.
This is her K5 phonics and writing. I got a kick out of her sounding out the words and spelling the 2, cup and hand.
This is her K5 Numbers, They say that ABeka is known to be one grade level above the actual said grade, so typically, when the child goes in for the yearly tests, they test 1 grade level above where they are. I flip through their math, and it seems to be nothing like the Singapore Math for challenge. Hannah seems to thrive on the Singapore and the challenge, but the ABeka will be nice since the pages offer a variety of work, instead of the same lesson over and over again like the Sing. Granted this is only lesson 12 or 13 for the year, I look forward to it getting harder ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment