After playing in the snow today with Hannah, I have decided that I LOVE SNOW!!!! This is such a fun age :)
It took a few attempts to get a snowman that would stand up under the abuse of a 4 year old but Woho, the baby snowman, handled it like a pro!
Sledding was really exciting for her, and I am looking forward to taking her to the sledding hill, here she has trees to deal with:)
Oh, and of course, snow ball fights!!!
This is what we woke up to today. If you step out into the yard, the mist was hovering about 8 feet from the ground and was just in a strip. Was pretty amazing.
Here she is, just hanging out, enjoying the snow :)
And our little Reindeer. Daddy was the creative one here!
This weekend was pretty hard. We ended up with about a foot of snow, it was a record by over 6 inches for Saturday. The end result, no power for 36 hours. Good thing we had a generator (which I doubted our need for when we got it this summer) but we were able to run the corn burner for heat, and priorities, the internet!
We did great in our lessons today. Abeka comes with 2 sets of readers, the first set she got to the point that she refused to read them, saying that they are boring. So we skipped ahead to the second set, and I do not regret that for one minute! The readers actually tell stories and here is what she was able to read to me today :)
Gus is a duck.
Gus has a bill.
Gus sits on a log.
The log is in a bog.
A bug is on the log.
It is a red bug.
That is 3 pages of the reader.
I also reintroduced Explode the Code 1 today. We used it back in May and June but 1/2 a page was a battle, just too hard. Today, she flew through a page!
She had ice skating lessons last night, and she was able to skate in large circles and across the rink without falling. She is very proud of her ability and yells to the teacher during the lesson "I did it!" with everything and everything is a race for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment