Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pictures and Printing


When we do our lessons during the week, our routine is to start lessons at 10 am and go for about 45 minutes, depending on how Hannah's focus is. :) Today, Hannah got to spend some time at one of her BFF's house and we didn't get home till later, so our morning was thrown off. I still wanted to get some sort of lesson in, being as today is officially the first day of school here in MN (even though we never really took a break from lessons over the summer).

Yesterday in one of her "all about me" lessons, the Work Book asked her to draw her favorite shirt, and she surprised me by drawing a flower on the shirt. Normally, she doesn't go outside of her rainbow, sun, angry or happy face. I will be honest, I didn't think she would do a flower.... WRONG! but that got me thinking that I need to start thinking of asking for new things to be drawn. So that was today's lesson, drawing 'new' things :)

And to make it more challenging, print it out too.





I wonder sometimes, what is better, to teach lower case first then go for upper case or vise versa. Hannah CAN print lower case but only does it when the work book asks for it. If it is on her own, like above, all upper. At this age, I am not going to sweat it, turning 4 and able to print both upper and lower, I am rather proud of her accomplishments! But I do wonder all the same...

This is a busy week for us, Miss Hannah has her 4 yo birthday party with all of her adorable/great friends. She is so excited, I am a little stressed! They are calling for storms and I really was looking forward to having her party outside, where the kids can run around and us mom's can just relax while they play their hearts out!

Here are some of the chocolate butterfly wings that I am making, I need to make about 16 more sets today/tonight. Took a while, the first ones hopefully didn't make it into the pic, but I am starting to figure it out.

And on a finishing note, can you find Gilbert? Some cats never learn... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment