I feel a little left out :) All of the HS blogs I follow are blogging about their new currics, new lesson plans, new schedules for the new school year etc. Us? Well, we are just plugging away with the same ol' stuff and having fun with it. Nothing new, just stuff that works :)
SO, here is a run down of what we did today :)I like to add little red stars beside her work as she completes them, an instant reward if she does a good job. The more stars beside the item, means the more proud I am. She started with having a hard time with the 5, so since she did a good job with this, and even talked her way through it, she got 2 stars.
Workbin #1, has our Singapore Math Essentials K. I thought this book, being that it is K level, would be way to hard for her. Some lessons slow us down, and take a week or so to grasp, but overall, this is a perfect curric for her Math wise :) This week we have been working on number order. Filling in the missing numbers, getting her to understand that they do have an order. This has been a breeze of a week.
Workbin #2, Printing. Here I am using a Schooltastic K level book, although this book covers many different subjects, I am just using the printing at this point. We are working really hard on staying in the lines. Today, we were having a hard time with the 'e' so to spice it up, we practiced in a tray of shaving cream :) Once we had that down, we moved back to the WB page and she did pretty good :) Same idea with the stars here. I also won't kill the idea to death. once she gets 4 stars over 4 of the same, she can move on.
Workbin #3, We are doing Printing Readiness. Just laughed, kinda backwards... :) We are using the Donna Young program HERE. She is really enjoying it, loves her little certificates she gets as well when she is done with a level.
During the summer months, we do do a lighter load. This is about 45 mins. worth of work. In the afternoon, we will try for reading, but that isn't pushed at this point. I want her to love it, not feel like it is work to read.
You can't play with shaving cream and not have any fun... :)
Another thing I am pretty excited about. I have been looking at Time 4 Learning, and wasn't ready to jump in even though this seems like a pretty popular site within the Homeschool group.
I’ve been invited to try Time4Learning’s online curriculum for one month in exchange for a candid review. My opinion will be entirely my own so be sure to come back and read my experience with Time4Learning’s educational program. Click to find out more or if you would like to apply to be considered for a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment