Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh, what a weekend!


First off, T-ball is over.  I am going to miss it, but I think I had more fun than Hannah did!  Watching her play always brought a huge smile to my face.  Watching her bat and run and that huge smile that would come across her face as she hit the ball and started to run towards First :) 
We were supposed to go camping Friday night, but it was just too buggy, and the sites didn't work.  They booked us, knowing that we had a camper, our party got there to find out, no campers aloud in that slot.  I had even called on Thursday to make sure...  Oh well :)  We got out on Saturday, to a different site, then a different/better site :) THEN the storm hit, almost 3 inches of rain that night, lots of thunder but no wind.  So we were really surprised to come home to this... Being that we were 18 miles away!

You see her Cedar playhouse on it's side, leaning against the play system?  It took Chad and I 4 rolls to get it back to it's original location!

A huge branch that had fallen down, off of my favorite tree :(

On the left of the picture, there is 1 tree down, the first tall tree, the top half was blown off, the second tall tree, was so full, that too was beheaded :(  And a huge chunk out of the 4th tree was taken out with the falling of the 3rd tree's branches.  4 hrs of 3-4 adults working in 85*+ weather, hard work but the 3rd tree and what we can do of the 2nd tree is done :)  
Now to have the power company out, as the wires are damaged, and hopefully, they will take one last huge branch that is hanging in the big tree out so we don't have to :)  I do think the 2 trees will have to come down now too :(  

The funny thing is, the tree that worries Chad and I the most, we don't park under it when it storms, didn't loose a single branch :)

Before we did start this hard work tho, we did take a few hrs to head to our town's festival.  Hannah enjoyed a pony ride, a bouncy barn, and 2 train rides.  

And to get an idea of how buggy the camping was, Hannah woke up on Sunday with 47 bites on her face alone!  That is with bug spray being put on every 1-2 hrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment