Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blend Ladders



We are trying something new for reading.  I put ETC (Explode the Code) away for the remainder of the week and we focused on Blend Ladders.  She can sit there and sound out the words, but it is hard.  Made me think that there has to be a better/easier way to do this.  SO, since we are working on short a words. we worked on blends for the a. ba, ca, da, fa, ga...  so in theory, once she has all of her a blends down, it should be so much easier to figure out ga-s instead of g-a-s.  So today, we worked on the flash cards, and she had each letter down by the 3rd time.  She even just asked for a 4th time just a few minutes ago :)

So, once I know that she has EVERY a blend down and understand adding another letter to the end, we will go back and finish the ETC unit for a.  Then I believe we move onto i blends :)  So much fun!!!

Once we get a few other vowel blends down, we will work on the ladder blend cards instead of individual cards.  I found the blend ladders on Confessions of a Homeschooler.


Here are some pictures of Hannah at her T-ball game on Tuesday.  We are getting rain today, and it looks like this may spread over 3 days, so I am unsure if we will have a game tonight.

And yes, this is just a picture of a pie.  But this is one AMAZING pie to be honest!!!  In my many efforts to make pie crust, I have NEVER been successful till last night!!!  I made a butter crust, and the inside is strawberry/rhubarb :)  Delish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment