Monday, December 13, 2010

Just stuff..



we have had a very nice, long, 4 day weekend with Chad. On Thursday, we dropped off Hannah at school, then we went out for coffee/breakfast :) I made up a Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding dinner and for dessert, a french silk pie. Here is my first attempt at the crust, laugh your heart out Lea....


Saturday, we woke up to the 5th worst snow storm in history, so much snow that our Metrodome collapsed! (Where the Vikings play) We headed in so Hannah could have breakfast with Santa, still didn't want to go near him, but she had fun getting her hair done, and face painted :)
We then headed over to the IL"s for a combined birthday party. Talk about harry driving! The roads had drifts over 2 feet tall, the roads had more than a foot of snow on them, even the highways! It was crazy! WE were crazy... Here is Hannah playing with Casie aka. Sweety :)



We ended up leaving Hannah at the IL's for the night, my first night away from Hannah. We knew that the drive home would be stressful, and we didn't want to worry about Hannah. Some tears were shed as I was leaving, by Hannah, but I think that dealing with the stress of the drive home, and unsure what we would come home to snow wise, I did pretty good :) The final result, once home, Chad spending the next 6 hrs plowing our drive way, my frozen husband waddled in at 3 am..
Then back into the cities to get Hannah and an engagement party for my BIL Curt and fiance Chris. It was a good time, Cathy, Chris's mom is wonderful and the dinner was great. Good times :)

Here we are playing Hide and Seek :) Silly girl :)
Not sure what this week will consist of for our lessons, we both have colds and I was up 2 hrs with her last night, since her nose wasn't working. Long night. I will tell you this tho, and I am super excited about this! We have started adding, and she is flying with it. AND, last week, we started reading with long vowel sounds, so she can now read words, (with some help) like CUTE, PETE, PAIL, NAME :) That is a pretty big deal in my book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment