I am actually going to do a post on homeschooling! One of the main reasons for this blog when I started. I wanted to take some pictures to show you what she has been working on.

Here is an example of what she is reading. We have graduated from reading with pencil in hand to mark our long vowels and though she does still struggle here and there with new words, she has gotten a good strong grip on her reading.

Some aspects of
ABeka we find are left to be desired, but this workbook on phonics is a big love of mine, and
Hannah's. This, along with their reading will be what we will keep with in Grade 1. Here she has to mark the correct missing letter in the word, and then correct sentence from the picture.

Here is her Explode The Code. We pretty much tossed the
ABeka printing. Too much busy work, letters over and over, boring. So now we get it through ETC, less structure printing wise, but I figure we will focus more on that next year, when her printing is more confident, and easier for her to handle dexterity wise.

Here is her math, another thing we will change up next year. We will return back to Singapore Math in Grade 1. But she gets this, and does well. 95%-100% on every test that they have her do but Singapore math just handles it different. Last year she would ask for math, and ask to do more than one page. We are missing that this year.
So there you have it! I have taken work books out, added different books in, less bins, more review, and less busy work. I have learned a lot from the program this year, what doesn't work, and what does, how much is too much and what is too little. I get that that is a big part of homeschooling, trial and error. I am excited for what is to come, goal is to start Grade 1 January 2
nd :)
At the end of the lesson, if all goes well, she gets an award. Today is for Friendship. She played great today, and was so helpful to me today. I am so proud of who she is, and what she is becoming!
No comments:
Post a Comment